As much as I wish that my parents lived close by, we sure do enjoy the free California stay we have right at our finger tips. Over Martin Luther King weekend we decided it was high time to get the heck out of the fridged cold and enjoy some sun! It was a four day weekend for the kids and a three day weekend for BJ, so the timing was perfect. However, as excited as we all were for this vacation, I WAS NOT looking forward to a 12 hour journey with small children. We've done it before and we will most definitely do it again, but I don't know that I will ever look forward to that part. I must say though, my kids really suprised me with how good they were.
For some reason my kids LOVE to stay in hotels. Which is interesting because I don't think we've ever done it more than twice. At any rate, we thought we would break our trip up and stay the night in Las Vegas on the way down. We were able to find a really cheap hotel ($15) at a hotel that was actually kind of nice. Not luxurious, but not $15 type either. That helped soooo much! And of course the kids loved it!
But along our journey there of course were come emergency pit stops that were needed...
For some reason my kids LOVE to stay in hotels. Which is interesting because I don't think we've ever done it more than twice. At any rate, we thought we would break our trip up and stay the night in Las Vegas on the way down. We were able to find a really cheap hotel ($15) at a hotel that was actually kind of nice. Not luxurious, but not $15 type either. That helped soooo much! And of course the kids loved it!
But along our journey there of course were come emergency pit stops that were needed...
... and some food breaks. But once we felt that warm air, we enjoyed every bit of it.
Once we were in California the kids just stayed outside and played as much as they could. I even found myself out there. Eating my meals and doing the girls hair. Any chance I could find to soak up some Vitamin D I did.
One of the days there we took our kids to a childrens museum that was all hands on. It was super fun. At the museum they had this quaint little food shack. The service was fantastic and the food wasn't too bad either. That is, if you like to eat a pickle with a brownie with a chicken drumstick. All at the same time!
You could dress up as a fireman and be the town hero...
test drive some cars... not even any age requirements.
and even journey to outer space!
Poor BJ. He got sicke while we were there and had to go to the doctor. I'm not positive, but I think he thought the nurse was kind of cute.
Hannah took an anatomy class...
And passed with flying colors!
We of course couldn't go all the way to California without a visit to the beach, or two.
We of course couldn't go all the way to California without a visit to the beach, or two.The craziest thing happened while we were there. We went to this Harbor and saw some people that looked so much like us! We had to snap a few pictures.
Our second trip to the beach. This time we decided to go in style. My dads 5.0 Mustang Convertable.












Very clever and fun post. I would love some warmth and sunshine myself. You have such a cute family!
ReplyDeletehey I found your blog again. fun post, it get me excited for u know what...I may even call NCL right now and get my log in info...
ReplyDelete