Okay, so over the last few years I've tried a few different methods of "recording" events in my life. Writing in a journal, scapbooking, and now blogging. I like the journal because I feel like I can write ANYTHING in there. Personal or not. However, there are not pictures and I love pictures. I like scrapbooking because there are lots of pictures. But I tend to not do as much journaling, which I think is really important. And so now, I am trying to route of blogging. It seems to be able to accomplish both; pictures and journaling.
But here is my dilemma: I hesitate to write everything on a blog. Sometimes I just want to whine. Or some sometimes yell. Or sometimes write down a really neat personal experience. And I hesitate because I don't know if that is appropriate or if readers would or should hear some of those thoughts of mine.
I originally started the blog as a way for my parents to be able to see their grandkids and enjoy their day to day life. But I have a feeling that they NEVER look at the blog. I'm not really sure why I hesitate to blog about some things. I only have two followers. And not that the number matters. I just don't know where I should record some of my thoughts. I can just imagine some of my decendants trying to figure out who I am or what I was like, and struggling because there are so many different journals, scrapbooks, and blog (blog books). Oye. What to do?
baby nathan in the bath
9 years ago

I say go for it! If someone doesn't what you have to write then they don't have to read it! I love reading your blog. You are an awesome person!
ReplyDeleteHey, I discovered a neat setting that will email your posts. I use it for my in-laws and Tyler's grandma, other wise they'd never see my posts either. I cant remember where exactly it is but I can look it up again if you want me too. I love reading your blog too, probably cause I love you all so much!
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way. I've even gone as far as starting a post and then deleted because I wondered if I should share those kinds of feelings. My thought is you should but then have the side of my that hesitates to share things....
ReplyDelete