Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day

For Valentines Day this year we decided to go out to dinner on the 12th and then celebrate on the 14th with our kiddos. We went to the Roof in SLC. We trippled with Vivian and Russell Olson and Josh and Whitney Clegg. It was so much fun. You can't tell very well from the picture but we dressed it up a bit. I had my friend curl my hair and I wore a sparkly scarf. I guess thats about the extent of me dressing up. But I had fun nonetheless. The food was DELICIOUS! I told BJ that we need to make this a Valentines Day tradition every year. It was so nice because we could make reservations and the environment was very calming and peaceful. Not some loud crowded resturaunt. And not to mention having a spectacular view.

For the kids valentines this year I found this cute idea to make dumdum sucker flowers. The petals are actually three cut out hearts. It was alot of fun to make and I liked how they turned out.


I had the kids write their own names on their own valentines. I had to help translate Hannah's because she told me that she was writing her name in Spanish. I was quite impressed. I had no idea that she was learning how to read and write in two languages at preschool.
I also heart attacked the kids bedroom door. The next morning when the kids woke up (which is before we wake up every morning) I could sort of hear them. They were noticing their door. Then they were quiet and a few minutes later they were sneaking into our room and laying little love notes on top of us as we still layed in bed. I was super cute.
For dinner that night BJ made "his girls" a nice steak dinner. He got us each a small gift and candy. We turned off the lights and ate our meal in candle light. It was alot of fun. The girls are requesting now that we eat all of our meals "fancy" with candles. BJ was such a champ to make that dinner for all of us. He was sick and had been all weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment