Lately, I have had the itch to make things. Whether I am painting my girls bedroom (which I am), making little crafts, and lately sewing! I grew up hating to sew. I really don't know what has gotten into me. I can hear my mother now how she used to tell me, "that someday I will like it" and that, " when I was little I didn't like it either". Blah, blah, blah. At least thats what I used to think. But now, I am finding myself on the internet looking for new projects to try my hand at and at stores looking for material. Oh, no!! I have become my mother! Ha ha, just kidding mom. Thats a good thing. Below are some pictures of two dresses I made for Hannah. The only problem is..... she HATES them. Thus, why there is no picture of her wearing them.

This one, was the first one I made. It was an old church shirt of BJ's

This is another men's shirt that I got at DI. Hannah refused to wear it, so Brooklyn tried it on so I could at least get a picture of it on. The length is good for Brooklyn, but the rest is super small. That's why she has such a happy face.
If anyone is interested, the turorial I followed is
here
Viv, I am so impressed with your Martha Stewart abilities. Those dresses are absolutely adorable. I actually saw Scarlett in the white one the other day. Too bad Hannah won't touch it. It would look extra cute with her cowboy boots :)
ReplyDeleteI can't sew anything but blankets because they only require a straight line. I really wish you could come teach me all the stuff you know.
ReplyDelete