Friday, September 24, 2010

CrockPot Dinners!

I have recently been experimenting with different crockpot dinners. And, I'm in love! Lately, between BJ's calling, my calling, school, and extra-curricular activities it seems like my life is going at a rather fast pace. I really don't mind cooking, but the planning is what is hard for me. And if I haven't planned anything and 4:00 rolls around then I feel doomed and we either eat out or eat junk. I am desperately trying to improve this, and have fallen in love with crockpot meals.
Tonight, I am trying stuffed pork chops. It was super easy to prepare and smells really good! (I haven't eaten it yet.) If it tastes good, then I will post the recipe for anyone interested in trying it.

Ok, so I made the dinner and it was pretty good. I think I will have to make it again though, because A, I didn't have one of the ingredients and I think it would give it good flavor it I had it. and B, it cooked a little too long in my opinon. BJ said it was fine, but the outside of the pork was a bit tough. But here's the recipe to anyone interested.

STUFFING
Fine dry bread crumbs 7/8 cup
Finely chopped celery 1 tbsp
Finely chopped onion 1/4 cup
Poultry seasoning 1/4 tsp
Parsley flakes 1/4 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Pepper 1/16 tsp

Hot water 2/3 cup
Chicken bouillon powder 1/2 tsp

Thick lean pork chops, slit horizontally to make pockets (you or the butcher can do this)

Mix the first 7 ingredients in bowl.

Stir hot water and bouillon powder together in small cup. Pour over stuffing mixture. Toss, adding more water if needed to moisten.

Stuff pockets in pork chops. Arrange in slow cooker. Cover. Cook on Low 8-10 hours or on High 4-5 hours. Serves 6.

Let me know what you think?

1 comment: